Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer happenings

I can't believe summer is almost gone. I am definitely not ready to start school again. The only thing I am excited about is that it will be my last year and graduation is finally in sight! Chet is still looking for a job. He is waiting to hear back from two that he applied to, one for the Jazz internship and the other one which he interviewed for, but he was expecting to hear from them last week so it looks like he's back on the hunt. Why anyone wouldn't want such a smart, good-looking guy working for them I can't figure out:) You know I would hire you in a second babe! But I'm confident Chet will find a job that's right for him when the time is right. I just hope he doesn't go crazy with nothing to do in the meantime:) He definitely likes to be busy.

This summer we were able to have two fun family vacations, first in Bear Lake at my family reunion, and then to San Francisco with Chet's fam. In Bear Lake we did lots of relaxing on the beach and jet skiing which was really fun. It was nice visiting with family as well.
San Francisco was a little more busy, and quite the workout. I would say that we know our way around San Francisco pretty well now. We went on the cable cars and didn't realize that it didn't take us back to the starting point, so needless to say we walked many many blocks. We saw Chinatown, Market street, little Italy, and all that downtown San Fran has to offer.




We of course also caught a few Giants games. They won the first game in an exciting game winning hit against the cubs! Unfortunately they weren't so lucky against the Padres and lost by one. I officially can say I am now a Giants fan since I actually know who plays for their team, and have been to their stadium. I even have a giants shirt with my new favorite player, and hopefully rookie of the year, Buster Posey, on the back.




Here are some other pictures of other spots we hit while there. Also, make sure when you ride the muni (the train in San Francisco) that you buy a ticket. Chet's friend Jordan showed us around and we took the muni a few times. Well we didn't buy tickets since he said they never come on and check. The third time we rode we got on on the front of the train and lo and behold and soon as we got on their was the muni police their to check that we had tickets. Chet ended up receiving a long lecture but luckily Jordan helped talk him out of a fine since we were from Utah. Have to say one of the scariest moments I have experienced. All in all it was a way fun trip!




P.S. I had know idea that summer does not exist in San Francisco. It was COLD! The only time the sun even shone was at the baseball game. Oh and for some reason I packed as if it was gonna be hot there so I only brought one jacket for the whole trip, which is why I am in the same clothes in all my pics-lesson learned!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Looks like you guys had a good summer! I love San Fran! I rode the trains once, but never got stopped- good thing, too because I was 16! I'm jealous you got to go to a baseball game, I love baseball! I miss you Annaliese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I so want to go to San Fran! Bryson love's it there but I haven't been yet! But really, who knew that summer didn't exist! Sorry you had to find out the hard way! But sounds like a good time, Thanks for sharing! And WAHOO for your last year at USU! That is so exciting! Plus lame-o Chet can't find a job! Bryson is in the same boat. Oh well I suppose the time will come when it does. So where are you guys living this school year? And ps i like your new blog layout!
    well best of lucky my dear girl!

    ReplyDelete