Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Bad and the Good

So unfortunately Chet's "job" didn't work out so well. The job description they gave Chet was just a lil' bit different then what it actually was. Chet went down to Salt Lake for the two day training. Long story short it wasn't what he expected at all. He thought he was going to be writing up insurance reports and visiting prospective clients, but turns out they actually wanted him to recruit employees and have them sell insurance (sounding a little like a pyramid scheme, right?) Chet just didn't feel right about the job so he kindly told them no. About a week before this Chet got an email for an interview in a place in Logan. Three interviews later, they sent Chet an email saying that they are still looking at applicants and will let him know (which we interpret as you are a great guy but you just don't have enough experience). How can someone get experience if no one will hire them? It's like he is overqualified for internships because they look for people who haven't graduated college, yet he doesn't have enough experience to get a job in his field. Can I just say how much I appreciate Chet for being so willing to stay in Logan and look for jobs around here so I can finish school:) We are definitely learning to have lots of patience and faith at the moment.

Speaking of school, I love it! I am in a fourth grade class right now doing level III and I have an awesome teacher who is letting me teach a lot and get lots of experience. I feel so blessed to have found a career that I love so much and that I am so excited for. Now if I could just get my degree so Chet can find something he loves too;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I'm sorry the job didn't work out... what a major bummer and an even bigger set back. I'm glad you are enjoying teaching though, that is always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too bad about his job! But at the same time it is better if he didn't feel right about it! I know job hunting isn't fun. But things will work out! It was good to see you a few weeks ago! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete